Vmic Mark II On-Camera Directional Shotgun Microphone with 3.5mm Output, 3-Stage Level Control, High-Pass Filter, High-Frequency Boost & Headphone Output
SKU: VMIC-MKII | FREE shipping on all orders over £100. UK mainland only.
- Broadcast-quality directional on-camera shotgun microphone that features durable metal construction and is powered by 2x standard AA batteries
- Features a 3.5mm headphone output for real-time monitoring and 3.5mm camera output with removable coiled cable that allows you connect other cables, like TRRS, Lightning and USB-C (sold separately)
- Integrated shock mount is rugged and robust and features a camera-shoe mount with metal 1/4”-20 thread for mounting on boom poles, stands, camera cages and tripods
- 3-stage level control with +20dB boost switch for achieving ultra-clean gain on cameras with noisy preamps, 0dB for high-quality preamps, and -10dB pad for cleanly capturing loud sounds
- High-pass filter eliminates low-frequency rumble below 150Hz that can ruin a recording, and the +6dB high-frequency boost enhances vocal intelligibility and compensates for lost frequencies when using a furry windscreen
The Saramonic Vmic Mark II is a battery-powered directional on-camera shotgun microphone that delivers detailed, broadcast-quality sound to DSLRs, mirrorless cameras, video cameras, recorders and more. Ideal for content creators, filmmakers, journalists and vloggers looking to take a big step up in quality from internal camera microphones. It features a directional cardioid polar pattern that focuses on sound in front of it while attenuating sound from the sides and rear and ultra-low noise electronics delivering detailed high-quality sound. It also includes a versatile array of thoughtful features that make it easy to optimize your sound for a wide range of shooting scenarios and outperforms competing products that are considerably more expensive.
High-Quality Sound and Enhanced Control
The Vmic Mark II features an array of selectable audio controls allowing users to tailor the mic’s sound and performance to always get optimum sound. It features a 3-stage gain control with a +20dB boost switch for achieving ultra-clean gain on cameras with noisy preamps, 0dB for high-quality preamps, and -10dB pad for cleanly capturing loud sounds without distortion. A 150Hz high-pass filter eliminates low-frequency noise and rumble caused by HVAC systems, wind or footsteps that can ruin a recording. A +6dB high-frequency boost enhances vocal intelligibility and compensates for lost frequencies when using a furry windscreen, like the VMIC-WS (sold separately). All of the controls are easy to use and easy to see, even in low light conditions.
Rugged and Adaptable
Built with durable metal construction, the Vmic Mark II will handily survive the demanding world of video production. An impressively robust and virtually indestructible integrated shock mount isolates it from unwanted vibration noise and includes a camera-shoe mount with metal 1/4”-20 thread. Allowing you to easily mount it to cameras, boom poles, stands, camera cages and tripods with ease.
Headphone Monitoring and Expanded Connectivity
A built-in headphone output on the Vmic Mark II enables you to hear your sound, even when your camera lacks a headphone jack. And the 3.5mm camera output includes a short, coiled output cable to connect to cameras, mixers and recorders. But because the cable is removable, it allows users to use any 3.5mm TRS output cable in its place. Attach a longer cable for use on a boom pole, use a 3.5mm to Lightning (Saramonic SR-C2000) to connect to iPhones and iPads, 3.5mm to USB-C (Saramonic SR-C2001) to connect to Android smartphones, tablets and computers, or a 3.5mm to TRRS (SR-PMC2) for smartphones, tablets and modern computers with a headphone port.
- 0.48lb / 0.217kg